A. Create a Microsoft Bot:
If you do not have a Microsoft account, go to https://login.live.com/ and sign up.
3. In the configuration section -> message endpoint will be https://prod-bot-mediation-layer.onsequel.com/slack/bots/botId (botID is "Bot handle")
4. Click on "Create Microsoft App ID and password" button
5. Click on "Generate an app password to continue" button. Note down this App Password as shown in the below screenshot for future reference which is required to publish your bot
6. The App ID and Password are now generated and saved as shown in the below screenshot
Note down the App ID for future reference which is required to publish your bot
8.Click on "Register" button and your Bot is created
Creating a Twilio Account
1. In your Botframework under "Add another Channel" section, click on "Add" for Twilio (SMS) channel
2. You are now redirected to Configure SMS section
3. Choose the first option to create a Twilio account. Click the URL
4. If you do not have a Twilio account, Sign Up for FREE
5. Verify your account via SMS
6. You are now redirected to Console dashboard. Click Get Started
7. If you already have a Twilio account, Log in
8. You will now be redirected to Console dashboard
Make note of the ACCOUNT SID and AUTH TOKEN for future reference which will be used to publish your bot
9. Select # which will take you to Twilio phone number
10. Click on "Get your first Twilio phone number" button
11. Your first Twilio phone number is generated
- Click "Choose this Number" if you want to keep this number
- Click the link "Search for a different number" if you want a different twilio phone number
12. Your new Twilio phone number is now activated
13. Now, go back to Configure SMS window and choose the next option to create a TwiML Application. Click the URl as shown in the below screenshot
14. Fill in the Friendly Name
15. In "Messaging" type in the Request URL as https://sms.botframework.com/api/sms
16. Your TwiML Application is now created
17. Now, go back to Configure SMS window and choose the next option to add your Twilio phone number to TwiML application. Click the URL as shown in the below screenshot
18. You are now redirected to Conole dashoard --> Phone numbers section. Click on the Twilio phone number
19. Choose"Configure" under Manage Numbers section and scroll down the page
20. Choose the following options in Messaging
a) CONFIGURE WITH as TwiML App
b) TWIML APP --> select the Application which you've created earlier (Friendly Name
21. Now, go back to Configure SMS window and submit the required details
22. Fill in the details - Phone number, Account SID, Auth Token and click "Submit Twilio Credentials"
23. Once the credentials are verified, click "I'm done configuring SMS"
24. Go back to botframework window and edit the Messaging endpoint URL from https://prod-bot-mediation-layer.onsequel.com/twilio/bots/botId to https://prod-bot-mediation-layer.onsequel.com/twilio/bots/phonenumber
- In this example, the phone number is 4692426489. Make sure to prefix it with "+1"
- The URL in this example will be https://prod-bot-mediation-layer.onsequel.com/twilio/bots/+14692426489
Save the changes
Your Twilio account is all set and ready to be published
Publish your bot on Twilio
1. When you are ready to publish your bot at www.onsequel.com, choose "Slack" in the platform as shown in the below screenshot
2. Fill in the required details and click on "Publish"
a) Twilio Bot Phone Number
b) Twilio Account SID
c) Twilio Auth Token
d) Microsoft App ID
e) Microsoft App Password
Yay! Your bot is now LIVE on Twilio!
Send a message to your Twilio Phone Number to start the chat!
Customer support service by UserEcho